[Mo'e] Create a Website That Makes Money Online Duel – Me vs My VA


Video Transcription
Today I am excited to announce a project that I am going to be doing with my virtual assistant that I hired about a month ago. I had been looking for somebody who had certain sets of skills and originally it was kind of hard to find. I finally found somebody who thinks alot like me, and has been a valuable assistant in many ways.

Building a Website That Makes Money

We decided to do something kind of unique; something a little different.
We got the original idea off of Pat Flynn’s website niche site duel challenge. Any of you who follow Smart Passive Income will be familiar with the niche site duel, which became kind of a famous post. Basically, he challenged his friend that they would each build a niche site and they would see which one would make the most amount of passive income.
It was cool because it was two people with two different approaches. I came up with the idea with why not take it one step further and do a duel against my virtual assistant because it is kind of a win-win situation for me. If he beats me, I still own the website because he is working for me. If I beat it him it is also my website. At the same time we can learn from each other and look behind the scenes at everything of how we do each thing.

Niche Site Duel Challenge Guidelines

Now what I did is I came up with a rule or guideline. Originally we were thinking we were going to do abuild a niche website that makes money. We decided that it didn’t have to be a niche site. The idea would be like it would be like a niche site but a niche site kind of had that – people thought of niche sites or small sites to have five or ten pages. In this duel that we are going to do, the rules are similar but we have a certain budget that we can each use. You can put as many pages as you want if you can find somebody to write it for you.
Here are the rules:
  • We must come up with the niche topic as well as a domain name ourselves. My virtual assistant is going to do all his own keyword research and come up with the domain name. Then he is going to tell me and I am going to register it. Then I am going to do the same thing myself.
  • Both sites will be hosted on my shared hosting through Hostgator.
  • Both sites must be created using WordPress and we have to use either a free theme or a theme that we already own or that I already own. We will probably end up using a Woo theme since I own a bunch of Woo themes.
  • The time frame that we have to finish our site is going to be ten to fourteen days. We are trying to shoot for two weeks to have the sites up and completed.

Niche Site Creation Budget: $100

What I am doing is I am giving my virtual assistant a $100 budget as well as myself only a $100 budget so we have the exact amount of money to work with. That hundred dollars does not include the domain name. That hundred dollars is to outsource. My virtual can outsource a writer if he wants to use a native English writer. He has access to my oDesk account as well as my Paypal account. How is that for trust? The monetizing method is going to be advertising affiliate links or any type of monetizing as long as it is a form of passive income. It will probably end up being Adsense, maybe some affiliate links or click bank products or something like that.
We are going to start this duel today and one week from now, maybe next, I will announce the niches we decided to pick and also the approach we are going to take. Each of us is going to take a little bit different post. We are going to make this public and put it on the website ZZZ Profits. You guys can check it out and follow it. I think these kinds of things are really fun and really interesting to see the outcome. That’s basically it.
Just look for the next audio podcast where we talk a little bit more about what we will be doing in this niche site or website make money duel. Until next time, I am Mo’e and I’m out.